December 30, 2010

Havana South Cuban Tastiness - Croquetta Preparada

Had lunch with my wife at Havana South Cuban in Buford on Monday. Well, I say lunch, but it was more like 3:30 dinner lunch happy hour. The cool thing about a lunch that late is all the sandwiches at Havana South are $5 between 3-5pm so I got a $9 sandwich for $6.75 after adding a side of black beans.

Havana South Cuban Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

This is the croquetta preparada. It's ham, swiss cheese, croquetta, and mustard on cuban bread. I had no idea what a croquette was before I ate this. I learned that a cuban croquette is meat and flour rolled in breadcrumbs and then deep fried. So it's like a deep fried sandwich inside of a sandwich. Win inside of win.

First time with this sandwich and it's on par with the other dishes I've had there. Top notch so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment