December 25, 2010

Christmas Lunch at Wang's II

On Christmas Day your options for lunch or dinner are limited when you are Jewish. They are even more limited if you don't have someones home to go to or your kitchen is being remodeled (as both were the case for us this year). The traditional Jewish Christmas is Chinese food and a movie. Both were achieved today!

Wang's II (not sure if there was a Wang's I, but there isn't one anywhere here) is some of the best Chinese food in Savannah. The second you sit down at the table you are treated to Chinese chips and salsa. This is the fried won ton noodles, duck sauce, and Chinese mustard. While these noodles are generally used in the soup, we love to dip them in the duck sauce and mustard and enjoy before the meal comes out. These things are highly addictive and there is no way to just go through one bowl. You will easily polish off two bowls, if not three.

We ordered two dishes today. The first one was my dish which was Kung Pao Chicken. They offer this two ways, one is the American version and the other is the Schezuan style. I ordered it the American way (which has mushrooms, bell peppers, and water chestnuts in it) but they screwed up and gave me the Schezuan version. The only thing similar between the two versions is the chicken, how spicy it is, and the peanuts. The Schezuan version is heavy in ginger and I am not a huge fan of that. This was still good, but I would have been much happier with the other version. I also got the Won Ton Soup with my dish.

My wife got the Mongolian Chicken along with the egg roll. Both of these were very good. She had some of mine, I had some of hers.

Later in the afternoon we did make it to the movies and saw Little Fockers. The movie was much better than the 2nd in this series and was pretty funny. As always I throughly enjoyed my popcorn at the movies.

I also put in some pics of the indoor Koi pond that greets you as you walk in the door. The fish love coming out of the water to say hi.

Wangs II Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon









No comments:

Post a Comment