March 21, 2010

Marlow's Tavern in Duluth

I work near this joint. Been there a couple times for lunches and stuff, never for dinner though. We ended up at Marlow's after we were going to go watch some boxing at Arena Tavern. They were charging $10 cover. LOL.

Stopping at Marlow's proved to be a great choice. They had an insert in the regular menu with some cajun-styled stuff. My wife went with the shrimp and crawfish poboy and fried okra. It was pretty good but the okra was the real star on her plate.


I got the bayou burger. Andouille sausage mixed in with the beef, covered with crawfish (they were tiny, but tasty), cheese and some sauce. I don't know what I was more excited about after I tasted it - that I got to eat something awesome or that I made a great food choice. I love making good menu choices. I picked grit cakes (fried grits) as my side. They were OK. I should have gone for the okra though. I didn't know it was going to be big ass real okra. I was expecting some tiny Po' Folks kind of shit.

There was also some crispy Makers Mark bread pudding. I thought I had a pic of it but apparently not.

































Marlow's Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment