March 03, 2010

BBQ Chicken and Fried Plantain at Cuzzin's in Charlotte Amalie



You know how sometimes things just taste better when you're on vacation? Well this was some of the best BBQ sauce I've ever had. The chicken was just drenched in the stuff. I think it helped that the chicken was smoked and must've been cooking for hours before I arrived. I tried to buy a bottle of the sauce, but they didn't sell. I asked the waitress what was the secret ingredient, and she said they just mix up a batch of regular BBQ sauce. So now I have to go back and try it again to see if it was really as good as I was thinking.

The fried plantain was real good too. I don't eat that often, but of course I had to order it for my last meal in the islands. Also got some fries. The meal was $12 and included 3 sides but that was enough food already so I didn't order a third side.

Also had a bushwhacker that was real tasty as well. I'm gonna have to mix up a blender full of those things sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment