November 30, 2010

Fajitas at Monterrey

There are a few Monterrey Mexican joints around Gwinnett. Pretty standard Mexican food. That's one of the things about Americanized Mexican...the more typical it is, the better. I don't know about anyone else, but when I want Mexican food I don't really want actual authentic food from Mexico (Bone Garden Cantina is my place for that.) When I want 'Mexican' I want some crispy chips -preferably folded on one another, but that's just preference- good salsa, not too hot and not sweet, tacos with too much cheese, refried beans, forgettable enchiladas and rice I don't eat.

Tonight we split fajitas for two. Beefsteak. Or biftek. That's what we called it in french class. Had a song about it and everything.

Monterrey Mexican on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment