November 28, 2010

Abita Brew Pub

New Orleans is known for its food, its party, and its music. However, it is also known for this excellent brewery in Abita Springs that puts out great beer for all tastes. Some might not know the brewery, but they might recognize the name "Turbodog". That is just one of the beers that they produce.

The restaurant is located in what used to be the old brewery (the new brewery is located down the road) and has some pretty good grub to go with the beer. On this trip I tried the heavily bitter Jockamo. It is about the most bitter IPA I have ever had and I must say that I quite enjoyed it.

As for the food...Shrimp Po'Boy with Sweet Potato Fries, Cup of Gumbo, and Crawfish Cornbread. I could have eaten any of these 100 times over. Excellent food all around and I look forward to the next trip there when I can try all the different beers and do the brewery tour.

Abita Brew Pub on Urbanspoon







No comments:

Post a Comment