January 28, 2011

Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Biscuit

I am a huge @chickfila fan so this is tough for me to say, the Spicy Chicken Biscuit isn't all that it is cracked up to be. For those that like it, I am happy for you. As for me, this was a whole lot of meh piled on top of more meh. Here is the problem (and it isn't just the biscuit), the chicken is nothing but spice. I have tried it on 2 different occasions and came away both times with the same feeling.

Taste test 1: The first picture you see was the one I got the first day they were released for purchase. The biscuit wasn't that bad. It was a little over cooked, but it was more along the line of a McDonald's biscuit (which is much better). The chicken though was way over spiced, especially for a breakfast item. I get that I am ordering a spicy item, but this is just over the top. I could hardly take a bite without having to wash it down with something at the same time. Nobody wants to eat something that spicy for breakfast, let alone have to go into work after eating that. Less is more in this case.

Taste test 2: The last 2 pics are of the one I ate a couple of days ago when I decided to give it another shot. I guess I figured that they were working out the kinks and this would be as good as the sandwich. I was wrong. The biscuit was back to being more like the sweet cake biscuit that they usually have (no good) and the chicken was once again beyond spicy. I am all for the spicy sandwich and I enjoy it. This however just makes me never want to eat the biscuit version ever again.

The breakfast spicy chicken needs to have a slow heat. It need to be slight, but at the same time is different from the regular chicken. Bojangles serves the same one all day, but theirs is mild and always on point. It is perfect for breakfast and hot enough for lunch. Not to mention their biscuit is always on point. I am not saying Chick-fil-a needs to go that route, but they need to cut back on the morning spice.

I was very much looking forward to this coming out and now I wish they never did. I was hoping they would do spicy nuggets at some point. I am no longer hoping for this. Please just leave everything else alone. It is cute that inside the wrapper they are instructing me to eat more spicy chicken. Sorry, but the advertising won't work this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment