January 25, 2011

Umami - It is all about the taste buds

Umami is a new Asian Fusion restaurant located here in Savannah. They offer a unique take on classic Chinese, Japanese, and Thai dishes. Per their mission statement:

"Umami is not only the mysterious 5th primary taste, it is also the final ingredient to a successful fully satisfied guest experience. We look at Umami as the ingredient missing in all quick casual restaurant experiences… and we have it! Our environment and team members are expressive of freshness, healthfulness, community, flavor, art and music."

They pack flavor and value into these dishes as the menu includes various soups & spring rolls to pad thai noodle dishes and stir fry. The prices on all the dishes are very affordable for lunch and especially for a dinner. On this trip I went with their version of Kung Pao Chicken that is served with a side of Jasmine Rice. I wasn't sure what to expect and in the end I was blown away. The dish is so simple, yet was so good. I realize Kung Pao Chicken is my Asian comfort zone and I look forward to going back to Umami to stretch my taste buds along their culinary road.


Umami on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment