February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner...

































































































































Made this special dinner for my wife tonight: I made some lump crab cakes appetizer that I pan fried in a little oil. These were then served with a remoulade, which I also made, and a little lemon. I then served a little cold cucumber dill salad. This was then followed up with Chilean Sea Bass alla Fiorentina. I was going to make some roasted veggies, but with the crab cakes and the cucumber salad...it was enough. The bass was lightly seasoned with kosher salt, cracked black pepper and flour. I then pan cooked it in EEVO...about 5 min per side. Remove the bass and then sautee the onions and garlic in a little EEVO. I then added in 1 can of diced tomatoes, some parsley, and a little water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then after about 10 min I added the fish back for about another 5-10 min. Spinkled in some fresh basil when I added the fish back in as well. Plate with the sauce...fish on top...garnish. Everything was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment